Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Which Bra Do You Like?

As the days count down and things to begin to heat up for carnival, it is time to prepare. For some people, it is setting hair and make up appointments. For others, it is placing orders for boots, bags, and bling cups. But me me... FIRST THINGS FIRST. Without a good bra, my carnival is going nowhere FAST!

I can looked good in some fab boots by Afro Chic, with the best hair and make up in the world.. but if the twins are not comfy... consider my carnival is RUINED!

With that said, in the post below, I have reported on which bands are large bra friendly and those which offer alternative costume options for the plus sized or "well endowed in the breasts" masquerader.

Having finalized my choice of band and section, it is now time for me to send my bra for decoration.

I recently macco'ed a conversation on Saucy's blog, in which a very well loved and respected carnival designer and Saucy spoke on "granny bras". Saucy complained about the "granny bras" that have been issued to her in the past by TRIBE, which lead her to see her own bra options for carnival 2009. The conversation, while very entertaining and comical got my mind to reeling as to if these hammocks I buy to support my boobs are indeed granny bras.

I than began my search for a bra that would be sexy for the road. While I wish to avoid the "granny" elements, I also have to be realistic. A nice sexy plunge is nice, but comfort and support without the use of an underwire, and minimal chances of a wardrobe malfunction are of utmost importance to me.

* A note on underwire bras. I know that women's preferences in bras can be as diverse as the cars they drive. I personally cannot take on underwire bras. The weight of my breasts press down on the underwire, causing it to dig into my ribcage, which, in the past, has left pain bruising on my midsection.

I have done a search of wire free bras available in my size, and let a few of my girlfriends narrow down the choices for me.

This is where I will let you all, the masqueraders, step in and tell me which bra is your choice of PLUS and SEXY for the road.





#1 - Micro Sateen


#2 - Microfiber


#3 - Satin Goddess


#4 - Classic

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how soon till we see the results of the poll?

Voluptuous Masquerader said...

I will post the results in one week. Give everyone a chance to vote.

Carnival Divaz said...

I suggesst that you need to take into consideration that the bra that you decide on need to had some sort of padding or lining in the cups. This year I had to deaorate a bra for a young lady with large breat and she brought a classic style bra. It was very hard to decorate because the cups werent molded. I ended up having to decorate the bra while she had it on.

Alot of the larger breast girls prefered long lined bras with light padding.

Voluptuous Masquerader said...

Dear Ms Sexy.

You know, this is something I have NEVER even given a thought too. EXCELLENT suggestion and commentary.

I have never looked at this from a "designer and producers" point of view.

Can you contact me via email please about some other tips that would be helpful to the decorators who are on the other side of the bra issue.

I would love to publish them for all to see if you don't mind.

Thanks.

VM
voluptuous.masquerader@gmail.com